Live Workshop For The Artisans And Designers By The Brhands Foundation – a session that pretends to celebrate the launching of the CULTURE project, dedicated to artisans and designers, and to all the work made by both as one. To boost creativity, during the session’s, the artisans were working with real materials, expressing the thoughts of the designers, for together achive different shapes and pieces of art.
The CULTURE project, born inside Brhands Foundation, with the intention of unify the work of thinkers and makers, and elevate the craftsmanship inside the brands like Boca do Lobo, Brabbu, Delightfull and all the brands of the Covet Group.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Covet International Awards
Covet Town, is a new project of Covet Group, known as the “city of design” and it was recently inaugurated. This city aims to be a hub of creativity, and the meeting point of thinkers and makers. In this new spot, will be possible to join all the processes to create pieces even more amazing and unique.
Preserving as many national arts and trades as possible, is the ambithion of CULTURE. Covet Group is working closely with multiples entities, public and private, in order to make reborn and give a new life for some of the most traditional techniques of portuguese craftsmanship.
Like some designers argue, the need to produce a large number and volume of pieces, made lost some handmade processes and traditional techniques, along the time. However, it’s time to take a break, and recover those unique processes and values, and put them in every piece. That way, each piece, will have is own identity and soul.
To aim, that ambitious goal, will be developed artist residencies to provide an exchange of experiences and knowledge, to keep traditional techniques alive.
Bet in young people, and at the same time respect the traditions, could be the best way to achieve the excellence. When a young mind with refreshing ideas, has the knowledge and resources, to include at there own work traditional arts like jewellery, the way to uniqueness is closer.
In this first gathering were represented the following entities:
- AARN – Association of Artisans from the North Region of Portugal
- Allen’s Portugal
- AORP – Portuguese Association of Jewellery and Watches
- APIMA – Portuguese Association of Furniture Industry
- “Portugal à Mão” Association – Centre for the Study and Promotion of Portuguese Arts and Trades
- CEARTE – Centre for the Professional Training in Craftsmanship
- CENFIM – Centre for the Professional Training in the Metallurgical and Metal-mechanic Industry
- CINDOR – Centre for the Professional Training in the Jewellery and Watches Industry
- Designer Raul Pinho
- Designer Toni Grilo
- Diário de Notícias
- FEUP – Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto
- FPAO – Portuguese Arts and Trades Federation
- Gondomar’s Institute of Employment and Professional Training
- Polytechnic Institute of Tomar
- Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave
- ISMAI – University Institute of Maia
- Oficinas Santa Bárbara
- Art Promoter Nuno Ribeiro
- University of Aveiro
- Vista Alegre
What do you think? Did you like this article? Follow Center Tables Blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest we are here to give you the best interior design inspiration and the best center table ideas for your home decor!